[Announcement] 2021 GKS for Graduate Degrees Application in the UK
2021 GKS for Graduate Degrees Application in the UK
1. Program Objective
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea at graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
2. Number of the UK candidates: 4 (Embassy Quota)
3. Period of Scholarship
o Master’s Degree Program
3 years (1 year of Korean language program + 2 years of degree program)
o Doctoral Degree Program
4 years (1 year of Korean language program + 3 years of degree program)
4. Application Submission
All the application documents should arrive by Thursday 11 March 2021 by POST only at the following address:
FAO: Ms Soo Kyeong Kim
Korean Education Centre
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
60 Buckingham Gate, London
5. Interview Date
Please note that successful candidates after the document screening process will receive an invitation email on Monday 15 March to attend an online interview on Friday 19 March 2021. No other dates are available unfortunately. The selected candidates MUST attend their interviews at their booked time slot. Further details will be provided in the invitation email.
6. Result Announcement
o [1st Round] The result of the 1st round will be available on Friday 26 March. All the candidates who attended the interview will be contacted by email with their results.
o [2nd Round] The 2nd round successful candidates will be announced on Study in Korea(www.studyinkorea.go.kr) in early May.
o [Final Result] 2021 GKS Graduate Degree Scholars will be announced on Study in Korea(www.studyinkorea.go.kr) in mid June.
7. Important Notes For UK Applicants
Please read the '2021 GKS application guidelines' thoroughly and refer to the following notes before making your application.
o [Application Documents Preparation]
- You must submit ONE complete set of original application documents AND FOUR sets of photocopied application documents. (One original copy for NIIED, three photocopies for the universities and one photocopy for the embassy)
- A set of documents must be combined by a paper clip/clamp. (Do not use stapler to bind them.)
- Application documents must be submitted in the order of the checklist(‘Application Checklist’) on the first page of the application forms. Each required document must be numbered and labeled on the top right corner. (ex. 9. Certificate of Bachelor’s degree)
o [Recommendation Letters]
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from two different recommenders, who can provide thorough assessment on the applicant’s academic abilities.
- The recommendation letters must be sealed in an envelope and be submitted to the Embassy. If it is not possible due to Covid-19, we will also accept online submission of the recommendation letters sent directly to us at email@example.com. Please make sure the recommenders submit the 'Recommendation Letter Form' along with their own recommendation letters in PDF format.
- All application documents must be presented in their ORIGINAL forms. Please note that submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
- If you wish to submit photocopied documents, you MUST have the photocopies notarized, apostilled or consular-confirmed before submission.
o [Proof of Citizenship]
- All applicants must submit a family register or a birth certificate issued by the government of the applicant’s country for proof of citizenship. If you cannot submit the original copy, you should have your photocopies notarized, apostilled or consular-confirmed as guided above.
- If their citizenship information is not indicated on either document(a family register or a birth certificate), then additionally submit passport copies of the applicant and applicant’s parents. (Passport copies do not need to be notarized.)
o [GPA Grade Conversion]
- Please find attached the 'GKS UK Grade Conversion' to convert your grades into GPA on 4.5 scale preferably.(eg. 3.87/4.5)
o [Your Photo]
- Your photo should be attached firmly on the application form. You may also insert the photo while you fill in the form on the computer.
o [Courses & admission Information] Individual universities or Study in Korea
(Study in Korea < Scholarships < GKS Notice)
o [General Enquiries] Global Korea Scholarship(GSK)Centre, NIIED
o [Documents submission & initial interview] Korean Education Centre